We urge our customers to be cautious with personal and account information.
If you think that you may have disclosed your personal or account information in error, or that you have been a victim of fraudulent account activity, please contact your bank and/or credit card company immediately. You may also wish to contact a credit reporting agency.
Please know that Nordstrom would not ask for your account information through email (phishing) or text message (also known as SMShing) communication. If you receive an unsolicited email or text message requesting personal or account information that appears to be from Nordstrom or related to your Nordstrom account, please forward it to [email protected] We take these matters, and the protection of our customers’ sensitive information, very seriously.
To help protect yourself from possible email scams:
- Avoid urgent requests to click on a link and log in to your account because your password has expired. Be aware of the urgency used in the email or text message and the consequences resulting in lack of action: Does it demand attention and indicate there will be consequences if the recipient does not take action? If so, this could indicate that the email is fraudulent.
- Look closely at the sender’s email address in the “From” line, which may contain unusual characters or misspellings. Suspicious emails often appear to come from legitimate sources.
- Watch out for errors in grammar, word choice and sentence structure. You should validate any emails or texts that seem out of place or contain glaring errors.
- Check for broken, out-of-place, or incorrect images or graphics that are often different than those seen on the business’s legitimate website.
- Do not provide your personal log-in information (your log-in ID or password).
- Be wary of embedded hyperlinks by hovering your mouse over the link and verifying if the hyperlink and URL match. Instead of clicking on the hyperlink, open a new browser window and type in the URL. Do not copy and paste the URL from the email into your browser.
- For more information about phishing visit: